Good Morning Westminster ,
Thought we had a good chance this morning of the ice melting on the parking lot, but the Lord has other plans. =) The snow is pretty coming down. Hope you have a safe and peaceful day.
Several reminders for you:
- Paula Hogan needs volunteers to help her serve breakfast at Volunteer Ministry Center this coming Sunday (January 17). If you can help, please call her (548-2038).
- Tonight (January 12) is Ministry Team Night. If you are currently serving on a ministry team, please meet in the Fellowship Hall from 7:00 to 7:20 for refreshments and fellowship. Announcements will be at 7:20 and meetings begin at 7:30 pm.
- Wednesday night (January 13) is WWW night. Dinner begins at 5:45 pm and the program starts no later than 6:30 pm. Childcare is available for the class time. There are three programs to choose from: (1) Buran’s class is “Bound and Free: A Theologian’s Journey” (2) Buz Johnson’s presentation entitled “The Civil War and its impact on East Tennessee ” (3) Companions in Christ – which is an ongoing women’s study group, will begin a new study in the Prayer room.
- Thursday is our day to make FISH deliveries. The FISH hotline rings constantly here when they forward the calls to us. So many people are in need! The sad thing is – we can only deliver the amount of food to the needy based on how many volunteers to deliver the food! If you want to help out with this, call Barbara Wilkinson today (cell: 300-8845)
- Wednesday is the Abbey deadline. Please get your articles into Debbie Bendy on a timely manner. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday’s Adult Sunday School choices are: (1) Bible Study Class in the Library (2) John Muntz’ class on the Book of Confessions held in the McKinnon Room (3) Women In Touch in the Prayer room
- Snow policy: I think our first run on it for the winter last Sunday went smoothly. Just a reminder, if there is any question as to whether a class, service, or Sunday School would be offered, all you have to do is check your email, check our website, or call the church office. I can change the voice mail on our phone from anywhere. Safety is our major concern!
Phone: 584-3957, ext. 10