The Chancel Choir and soloists, accompanied by strings, oboe, trumpet, and organ, will sing Antonio Vivaldi’s Gloria as part of our observance of Christ the King Sunday. There will be one service that morning, at 11:00. We hope that you will join us this coming Sunday!
In addition to the special worship service, our Mission Service Ministry Team is hosting an Alternative Christmas Bazaar. Critters, craftwork, and Christmas cards will be featured at the yearly Alternative Christmas Bazaar on Sunday, November 20. Each of the items available is connected in some way to a deserving cause, so that we can be assured that our gifts embody the true meaning of Christmas. At the event, the following will be available for purchase:
- Extra virgin, cold-pressed, fair-trade organic Olive Branch Olive Oil, supporting Palestinian olive farmers.
- Gift cards for FISH Hospitality Pantries, where a $5 card will help feed a family of four for three days.
- Life-supporting purchases of farm animals from the Heifer Project.
- Gift cards for Habitat for Humanity donations.
- Handcrafted cloth bags from Africa Bags, based in Malawi.
- Handcrafted quilted potholders made by Westminster’s own Robin Greeson, to benefit cleft palate repair.
- Peruvian and African crafts from Partners for Just Trade.
- Coffee, cocoa, chocolate and tea provided by Equal Exchange, also known as the Presbyterian Coffee Project.
- Christmas cards from Rachel’s Lament, an organization that provides schooling and job-training for very poor children in Kenya.
Bring your Christmas list to church on Sunday and help those less fortunate in purchasing your gifts this year!!!