Good Morning Church Family!
Is this weather just totally awesome??? I hope each of us takes time to go outside today to appreciate the very blue sky, the crispy fall like weather, and rejoice in the fact that we are blessed with seasons here in Ktown. =) Some of the crew just left to put their final touches on the Htang family house. It is exciting to see our church gather together to set up a home for this family. They arrive in Knoxville tomorrow night.
There are a lot of exciting things happening here this week so I wanted to make sure that you knew about them all:
Tuesday: Come tonight at 7:30 p.m. to hear music from Meredith Mackay and Terrance McCracken. The recital celebrates Scottish music. The freewill offering will be given to the Living Waters of the World ministry.
Wednesdays With Westminster officially begins at 5:45 pm. We will first be blessed with a meal prepared by the Christian Education Ministry Team (in Fellowship Hall). There will be several different opportunities to engage in after dinner.
- Inside Activity – Buran Phillips will begin a two-session study entitled, “Why, God?” focused on discerning God in the face of evil and suffering.
- Outside Activity – You can chose from volleyball, bocce ball, corn hole, ladder ball, basketball, or kickball. If it rains (does it ever rain here? J ), we will have board games)
- The Companions Class will continue their study in the Prayer Room. They are studying the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.
- Sexual Integrity Class will begin this evening as well. Every three years, Westminster offers this course to middle school aged youth and their parents. This informative program is led by Laurie Williams and Brian Bonnyman.
- A BRIDGE Representative will speak to all of us at 8 pm about Refugees from Burma. He will answer any questions that we might concerning how we can assist this family. Then, we will carpool out to the airport to welcome the Htang family. Their flight arrives in Knoxville at 9:30 pm.
The Abbey deadline is tomorrow. Please email your articles to Debbie Bendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sure hope you have a beautiful day! This is the Day that the Lord has Made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it! ♫